The Winter Pre-Travel Academy is specially designed for 2010 and 2011 players (U8s and U7s) who are more serious about soccer, that excel in their teams and need a more competitive and challenging environment to develop as young athletes. The Winter Pre-Travel Academy is designed to provide a competitive atmosphere while furnishing the players with positive experiences to nurture their self-esteem, confidence and passion for the game.
The Winter PTA program is lead by Mike Dinuzzo, CYA U7 - U10 Age group Director. CYA professional staff will apply age appropriate training curriculum focused primarily on foot skills, and the introduction of basic soccer concepts in order to offer highest development program for U8s and U7s.
CYA will form four Pre-Travel Academy pools, U8 Boys, U8 Girls, U7 Boys and U7 Girls, for the Fall 2018. The pools will train with CYA professional staff during the season.
The Winter Pre Travel training sessions will be held indoors once a week for 13 weeks.
Dates and location
Sessions: Thursday Nights 6pm - 7pm
Location: Nova field House: 14810 Murdock St, Chantilly, VA 2015
2017 Dates: 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21
2018 Dates: 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1
Spaces are limited and are on a first come first served basis
NOVA Field House Rules
- Please make sure all players are notified that NO CLEATS are permitted in the building. Players must wear turf shoes or tennis/basketball shoes only.
- Only WATER is permitted on the fields – no Gatorade, sports drinks, or soda permitted. NO FOOD is permitted on the fields
- NO chewing gum on the fields.
- All players and parents remain in the café area until just prior to your start time.
- All players must HOLD any soccer balls – no kicking, dribbling, or bouncing of soccer balls permitted any where except on the field – i.e. Lobby, Café Area, B-Ball Court, Hallways or locker rooms
- NOVA Field House staff will escort players to the fields as a group.
- ONLY players and adult coaches will be permitted on the field.
- Spectators must stay in assigned spectator areas only. NO FOOD or DRINKS outside the Café Area
- Our staff will give a quick welcome to players, parents, and coaches to review the house rules and explain the spectator areas.